We had the good fortune of connecting with Bee Robertson and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Bee, how does your business help the community?
Mothering with MaryJane (MWM) was created with the intent of bridging the gap between motherhood and holistic health and wellness. Motherhood is not for the weak. Between being a mother, a professional, a wife, a daughter, and everything in between, we tend to lose ourselves in it all.
The phrase “it takes a village to raise a child” is an old and truthful saying, but we believe it also takes a village to uplift a mother. MWM is here to be the support mothers need while healing from generational traumas/illnesses and finding themselves. We are here to provide mothers with a community to turn to during this crazy thing called life.
I, too, am a mother trying to figure out and navigate life while consciously using cannabis as a resource to do so. Having used cannabis medicinally for the past four years for back pain and anxiety, I have seen its benefits firsthand.
It is high time (pun intended) that cannabis is seen for what it is – a herb – and mothers are allowed to use it without judgment. Cannabis does not make a bad mother but rather an elevated one.
Alright, so let’s move onto what keeps you busy professionally?
I am a paralegal by day and cannabis advocate by night. My career in the legal field began in 2015 as a receptionist at a boutique disability law firm. From there, I was blessed with the opportunity, tools, and mentor that allowed me to move through the ranks into the position I am in today.
Although the law is my love, it is unfortunately not my passion. There is much in store for the Mothering with MaryJane community in 2022. The most exciting being our upcoming podcast. There are lots for us to talk about mamas. From motherhood to cannabis to personal growth and development – there are lots for us to talk about mamas! I hope you can tune in and join in the conversation.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Arizona is such a diverse state with so much to explore.
– Brunch at Scramble off of 24th Street and Camelback. Their outside seating is super cute and cozy.
– Stroll along Tempe Town Lake. Boat/bike rental anyone?
– Morning hike on Camelback Mountain. Nothing like nature in the morning.
– Lunch at Lo-Lo’s Chicken and Waffles near downtown Phoenix.
– Day at the Arizona Boardwalk. This place is a one-stop shop providing fun, food, and shopping! From Ripley’s Believe It or Not to the Pangea Dinosaur Grill, there are tons of options.
– Evening at the Clarendon Hotel Elevations lounge for an elegant smoking sesh.
– Brunch at Overeasy – also in the Biltmore area in Phoenix. Their Chile Pork and Grits are to die for!
– Afternoon at the Desert Botanical Garden. Peace and Tranquility at its finest.
– Afternoon at the Desert Ridge Marketplace.
– Drinks at the immersive 36 Below lounge.
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
A huge shoutout to Jasmine Anderson (Instagram – @colorbycurls) for being a longtime supporter and friend. Also, one to Kaya Hemp Company (Instagram – @kayahempco) for their sponsorship and support.