We had the good fortune of connecting with Jeff Baker and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Jeff, can you share the most important lesson you’ve learned over the course of your career?
The most important lesson that the mortgage industry has taught me is to be persistent. Mortgage loans are no walk in the park, every loan is unique and not like the last because every borrower’s story is different. Being persistent allows me to overcome any hurdles or snags that come up and to quickly find a resolution for the client.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
Whether you’re buying your first home or your twentieth, refinancing your current mortgage, or opening a home equity line, Jeff Baker and his team will be able to get it done for you!
They understand how important it is to match borrowers with the right home loans so they give each and every person the personalized attention they deserve when looking for a home loan.
When Jeff sits down with his clients, he simultaneously looks for broad lending options and competitive interest rates. Jeff and his team are “true mortgage brokers” meaning that they work with many different lenders which provides flexibility that big banks and other lenders don’t offer and rates that are extremely competitive every day. After an initial consultation, Jeff is able to customize a loan that is hand-tailored to your specific financial needs.
The residential mortgage industry is constantly changing and is challenging. It’s important to stay on top of guidelines and to know all loan options that are currently available. Jeff takes great pride in researching all loan products and giving the facts for each loan program. Guiding clients to make the right decision on what will be the biggest investment of their future is where Jeff’s passion lies. Communication and honesty are the best customer service standards that Jeff will provide as your lifelong mortgage broker.
It’s no secret that every transaction has hurdles to overcome but Jeff and his team put borrowers first. By going the extra mile for their clients and following through on their commitments in a timely manner, they have built a large and loyal network of clients and like-minded professionals throughout all of Arizona! The testimonials speak for themselves.
About Jeff Baker:
Jeff has always had a passion for finance & real estate and began educating himself on both subjects at an early age. It is no surprise that he has had a flourishing career in the mortgage business since 2012. At the age of 18, he began his mortgage career on the operations side of the mortgage business, which gave him the skills to truly understand the complete loan process from start to finish. This invaluable “internal operations” knowledge and experience is the secret behind Jeff’s ability to ensure a smooth on-time closing. He has since moved to the origination side and could not be happier assisting borrowers with their home loan needs. His Arizona roots have given him a strong connection with the community and have allowed him the opportunity to work and get to know a lot of amazing people.
On a personal level, Jeff enjoys spending time with his wife, working out at the gym, hiking, motorcycles, snowboarding, skateboarding, and shooting firearms in his spare time. Jeff is also a soon-to-be father, the due date of his unborn child is 01/03/2022!
If you had a friend visiting you, what are some of the local spots you’d want to take them around to?
If my best friend was visiting Phoenix I would plan out the following itinerary:
– A round of golf at Troon North Golf Club in North Scottsdale
– Grab drinks & grub at the infamous Hideaway Grill in Cave Creek
– Shopping trip to Scottsdale Fashion Square
– An dirtbike, ATV, UTV offroad excursion through North Scottsdale, Cave Creek, and Carefree
– Bring dogs to OHSO Brewery & Distillery in Phoenix to enjoy some good pub fare & local beers.
– Go for a 4 mile hike up Tom’s Thumb Trail in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve
– Stop by Arizona’s hottest up-and-coming late-night food truck/cart Sink or Swim for some outstanding food.
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
I would like to shoutout the following people:
– My wife Brittney Baker, for her love, support, and constant encouragement.
– My parents Paul & Hope Baker, are my backbone. No words can ever be strong enough to express my gratitude to my parents for their unconditional love. Without the inspiration, drive and support they gave me, I might not be the person that I am today.
– Grant Galas, CEO of Urban Jungle Realty & Urban Jungle Lending, for being a wonderful friend, teacher, and mentor.